Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snow Adventures

Today was quite an eventful day. I love Fridays! I had classes and got some studying done. Me and Jen went up and spent some time playing rockband in the jkj with Josh. We then proceeded to head over to the institute building to attend to dance. It was super fun. Kandace, Jen, and I met some boys who invited us to a party. We decided it would be a fun adventure to go. We went home and got ready. Off we headed to the party. We got about halfway there before we received the text saying…”The party just ended…don’t worry you didn’t miss much.” So we decided to head back to our apartment and make our own party. We received a large show storm during the dance and it was very slick out on the roads. BIG MISTAKE TO TAKE THE CAR OUT. As we were less than a block away from the parking lot, we headed down a hill going no more than 15 mph and the snow from the top of my car slid down into my windshield and I could not see. I pressed on the breaks a little but more rapidly then I should have. We than began to slide into the gutter. My front wheel was stuck in a very large gutter. As we got out and was looking around at the stuckness a car pulled over to help us out. He began to push us out and said “Well you’ve got about as much as we can get, just go straight and you’ll be fine.” I was just thinking to myself, “This is not gonna end well. This is a very bad idea, I’m gonna get both tires stuck in the gutter.” Don’t you worry, that’s exactly what happened… and he said “Well, I guess you better call a tow truck.” And off he went. I don’t have two pennies to rub to there at this point in college, let alone two-hundred dollars to pay a tow truck. As we were standing there having no clue what to do these two really sweet boys stopped and asked if we were stuck “nope were just hanging out on the side of the road while snow is piling up on my head looking at the car stuck in the gutter for fun.” No I didn’t really say that but haha you know It’s not just one of my hobbies. Luckily they had a chain and hooked it up to my jeep. as they had me chained to their car, they started pulling my out, their truck ran out of gas and died. Don’t worry, They had back up gas in the back of their car. While we stood there waiting for them to put gas in their car, 6 other guy stopped asking of we needed help. “Hey Jen I think this is one of the few times in our life that it’s good to be a helpless girl” she just agreed with me and we got in the car and pulled up into the parking lot and parked the car to hibernate for the rest of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment